An enchanted garden in Barcelona
Noche y Luna (Night and the Moon) by Joan Serinya
Mosaic on the wall at the entrance to Joan’s Art Nouveau-style home in Barcelona.
Joan Serinyà was born in Barcelona in 1953.
Over the years, he has worked in graphic design and specialised in two art forms: painting and sculpture. His paintings has been inspired by Magritte and the works of the Surrealists, while his sculptures reflect his great admiration for Gaudí and the Art Nouveau era (“Modernisme” in Catalonia).
These days, Joan’s work is an unique fusion of painting and sculpture with an emphasis on the art of “Trencadis” (mosaic in the style of Gaudí / Jujol as in the Güell Park, Barcelona).
To find out more:
After you have looked at the photos, please contact us
Joan Serinya on joanserinya[at]gmail.com (in Spanish or Catalan)
Catherine Hart on ch[at]streets-of-barcelona.com (in English)
if you are interested in commissioning any of the following:
- Major public works in Mosaic (either in Spain or abroad)
- Interior, exterior or garden decoration for your home or holiday home (including swimming pools). This can be achieved in mosaic or in painting
- Decoration of almost any item, maybe a bottle or a plant pot for example, for your own use or as a gift. Each one is an exclusive work of art
- A tour of the garden (for individuals, the press, writers, photographers, other artists…) followed by a glass of “Cava”
- Use of the garden for filming (under very strict conditions and with the artist present at all times)
- Classes in creating Trencadis
Some of the items on view in the garden are available for sale.
Now for the photos:
Wall at the front of the house
Hello! from a snail on the roof
Window surrounded by “trencadis”
Trencadis on plant pot and steps down to the garden
Follow the stream as it trickles down the steps
The front door bells
Mosaic ceiling with lamp
Details of the lamp on a black & white background
Lamp outside the artist’s workshop
Views in the garden:
“Hello” from the artist
and thank you for reading!